The best big data companies and CEOs to work for in 2018
- Employees would most recommend Dataiku, StreamSets, 1010 Data, Reltio, Looker, SAP, Google, Salesforce, Tamr, DataRobot, Domo, Microsoft, Qubole, Attivio and Informatica to friends interested in working for business analytics, data science and machine learning, big data systems and platforms, or data management and integration company in 2018.
- These 15 companies are the highest rated in their fields of expertise as defined by Computer Reseller News as of May 11, 2018.
- Nine out of 10 employees of these top 15 companies would recommend the company they work for to a friend.
Forbes readers’ most common requests centre on who the best companies are to work for in analytics, big data, data management, data science and machine learning. The latest Computer Reseller News‘ 2018 Big Data 100 list of companies is used to complete the analysis as it is an impartial, independent list aggregated based on CRN’s analysis and perspectives of the market. Using the CRN list as a foundation, the following analysis captures the best companies in their respective areas today.
Using the 2018 Big Data 100 CRN list as a baseline to compare the Glassdoor scores of the (%) of employees who would recommend this company to a friend and (%) of employees who approve of the CEO, the following analysis was completed today. 25 companies on the list have very few (less than 15) or no Glassdoor reviews, so they are excluded from the rankings. Based on analysis of Glassdoor score patterns over the last four years, the lower the number of rankings, the more 100% scores for referrals and CEOs. These companies, however, are included in the full data set available here. If the image below is not visible in your browser, you can view the rankings here.
The highest rated CEOs on Glassdoor, as of May 11 2018, include the following:
- Dataiku – Florian Douetteau – 100%
- StreamSets – Girish Pancha – 100%
- MemSQL – Nikita Shamgunov – 100%
- 1010 Data – Greg Munves – 99%
- Salesforce – Marc Benioff – 98%
- Attivio – Stephen Baker – 98%
- SAP – Bill McDermott – 97%
- Qubole – Ashish Thusoo – 97%
- Trifacta – Adam Wilson – 97%
- Zaloni – Ben Sharma – 97%
- Reltio – Manish Sood – 96%
- Microsoft – Satya Nadella – 96%
- Cloudera – Thomas J. Reilly – 96%
- Sumo Logic – Ramin Sayar – 96%
- Google – Sundar Pichai – 95%
- Looker – Frank Bien – 93%
- MongoDB – Dev Ittycheria – 92%
- Snowflake Computing – Bob Muglia – 92%
- Talend – Mike Tuchen – 92%
- Databricks – Ali Ghodsi – 90%
- Informatica – Anil Chakravarthy – 90%
- » 10 signs your clients need to deploy Azure
- » Organisations need ‘reality check’ on cloud costs, research advocates
- » A CDO’s guide to data warehouse automation: Why it is needed and how to succeed with data
- » As employee use of cloud apps explodes – can CASBs help?
- » Equinix keeps Digital Realty at arm’s length in colocation market – with global expansion key