The best software companies to work for in 2018 – according to Glassdoor
- 62% of all employees working for Software 500 companies would recommend their company to a friend, up from 61% in 2015.
- 76% of all employees working for Software 500 companies approve of their CEO today, up from 73% in 2015.
- Aconex Limited, The Trade Desk Inc. (NASDAQ: TTD), HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS), Talentica Software, Wix.com Ltd( (NASDAQ: WIX), Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), SAP AG ( NYSE: SAP), The Ultimate Software Group Inc (NASDAQ: ULTI), Extreme Networks Inc.,(NASDAQ: EXTR), Guidewire Software Inc., (NYSE: GWRE), AppFolio Inc.(NASDAQ: APPF) and Mimecast Limited are the software companies employees would most recommend to a friend today.
- CEOs who earn positive recommendations on their performance can improve the percentage of employees who recommend the company to friends by as much as 82% this year up from 70% in 2015.
These and other findings are based on an analysis of Glassdoor rankings of Software Magazine’s 2017 Software 500 list of the leading software companies globally. An Excel spreadsheet was first created using the 2017 Software 500 list as the basis of the Glassdoor company comparisons. Rankings from Glassdoor were added today for the (%) of employees who would recommend this company to a friend and (%) of employees who approve of the CEO.The Software 500 list was used to preserve impartiality in the rankings. The original data set the analysis is based on is available for download here in Microsoft Excel format.
To gain greater insights into the data sets a series of cross-tabulations and correlation analyses were done using IBM SPSS Statistics Version 25. The analysis shows CEOs have an even greater impact on improving their company’s recommendation scores, rising to 82% this year from 70% in 2015. The analysis also showed that companies who flood Glassdoor with fake reviews hit a wall around 10 posts, down from 15 in 2015. This doesn’t stop some companies from offering cash, prizes, and merchandise to their employees in exchange for positive reviews. Relying on Glassdoor and ideally in-office visits to see how a company culture is and how your potential boss treats others is ideal.
The following are the highest rated software companies to work for in 2018, based the (%) of employees who would recommend the company to a friend:
The following companies scored between 80% and 89% on the rating % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend:
Editor's note: Please see the entire data set for the rankings of all companies included in the Software Magazine 500 here in Microsoft Excel format.
- » Albertsons cites competition in Microsoft move – but is the retail cloud battle all it seems?
- » Why businesses should keep their head in the clouds if they want to succeed
- » IBM focuses on second chapter of cloud story at Think – hybrid and open but secure
- » The four barriers between your business and global connectivity – and how to break them down
- » LA Clippers to use Amazon Web Services for CourtVision platform