Glassdoor’s 10 highest paying tech jobs of 2018: Why it remains a software-defined world
- Software engineering manager is the highest paying position with an average salary of $163,500 with 31,621 open positions on Glassdoor today.
- Over 368,000 open positions are available across the 10 highest paying jobs on Glassdoor today.
- $147,000 is the average salary of the top 10 tech jobs on Glassdoor today.
- 12.7% of all open positions are for software engineers, making this job the most in-demand in tech today.
Glassdoor is best known for its candid, honest reviews of employers written anonymously by employees. It is now common practice and a good idea for anyone considering a position with a new employer to check them out on Glassdoor first. With nearly 40 million reviews on more than 770,000 companies. Glassdoor is now the 2nd most popular job site professionals rely on in the U.S., attracting approximately 59 million job seekers a month. The Chief Human Resources Officer of one of the largest and best-known cloud-based enterprise software companies told me recently she gets 2X more applications from Glassdoor for any given position than any other recruiting site or channel.
Earlier this month Glassdoor Economic Research published the results of research completed on how base pay compares between tech and non-tech jobs. The research team gathered a sample of tech companies with at least 100 job postings on Glassdoor as of June 26, 2018. Glassdoor defined tech roles as those positions requiring knowledge of code, software or data. The study found the following to be the 10 highest paying tech jobs today:
Walmart eCommerce, Microsoft, Intel, Amazon, and Google have the highest concentration of tech jobs as a percentage of all positions open
Workday, Salesforce, Verizon, and IBM have the highest concentration of non-tech positions available today.
Interested in hearing industry leaders discuss subjects like this and sharing their experiences and use-cases? Attend the Cyber Security & Cloud Expo World Series with upcoming events in Silicon Valley, London and Amsterdam to learn more.
- » HPE secures Nutanix and Google Cloud hybrid cloud partnerships
- » The five key things every executive needs to know about identity and access management
- » The state of cloud business intelligence 2019: Digging down on Dresner’s analysis
- » Uncovering the insight behind Gartner’s $331 billion public cloud forecast
- » Bitglass secures $70m series D funding to further enhance CASB space