WANdisco collaborates with Bridgeworks for rapid cloud migration
WANdisco and Bridgeworks have announced a new partnership, with WANdisco Fusion’s patented cloud transactional data technology will feature Bridgeworks PORTrockIT software.
David Richards, WANdisco CEO and co-founder, said: “WANdisco’s continuous availability and guaranteed data consistency can now be deployed with software from Bridgeworks that virtually removes the effects of network latency, making it possible for on-premise and cloud environments to operate as one.”
PORTrockIT’s patented technology allows businesses to rapidly move large volumes of data and increases performance by up to 100 times. The increase in speed improves critical enterprise applications such as backup, replication, disaster recovery and cloud migration. The integrated Bridgeworks and WANdisco technology will ensure that large volumes of live production data can move to and from the cloud without any business disruption.
David Trossell, CEO of Bridgeworks, said: “WANdisco software is already known for its performance and it has revolutionised the global enterprise requirement to migrate large amounts of transactional data to the Cloud. When combined with Bridgeworks PORTrockIT technology, the resulting increase of up to 100 times in transfer speed has raised the bar for business.”
The integrated technology supports hybrid cloud requirements for on-demand, burst-out processing, and offsite disaster recovery, without downtime or data loss. The integrated solution removes the requirement for cloud vendor storage appliances to be sent back and forth from customer data centers in a process that involves days of downtime and is only suitable for one-time movement of cold, less critical data.
- » AWS and Google Cloud earnings beget laws of large numbers – and expectations – for cloud revenue
- » Cloud autonomics: Moving to the holy grail of automated management and optimisation
- » A tale of two oligopolies: How JEDI illustrates the need for multi-cloud
- » IT operations in 2020: Five things to prepare for – from AIOps to multi-cloud and more
- » Microsoft and Reliance Jio team up in 10-year cloud deal to ‘transform Indian economy and society’