Microsoft’s Azure-powered IoT solutions transforming Indian manufacturing industry
Microsoft recently presented three most significant IoT solutions that are said to be transforming the Indian manufacturing industry. These cloud-based solutions offered by Precimetrix, Teramatrix and Covacsis are powered by Azure – the Microsoft Cloud – that helps create digital, intelligent and predictive factories.
The solutions are already deployed across India’s leading organisations like Hero Moto Corp, Samudra LED, KEC, VE Commercial Vehicles, Godrej, TAFE, Bajaj, among others. By leveraging Azure, Microsoft partners are able to address challenges like rapidly changing customer preferences, hardware evolutions and managing hyper business growth in the manufacturing space.
This is how the solutions help the manufacturing sector create digital factories:
Customer engagement is the backbone of digital transformation which allows building tailored customer experiences by harnessing data and drawing actionable insights to achieve a segment of one.
Covacsis offers a platform that provides a 360 visibility of the manufacturing floor in real-time. Real-time visibility is helping the KEC team analyse run time, cycle time, availability and OEE of the machines in real time, allowing them to optimise the productivity output and minimise operational costs.
Another key pillar for digital transformation is the ability to empower employees, providing tools and processes for greater collaboration, mobility and insight. Microsoft works with a lot of its partners to offer solutions that help organisations achieve more by designing a workplace that is intelligent, flexible, and secure. Some of these offerings are provided by partners like ZingHR, Vymo, Qustn, Knolskape, Symphony Summitt, among others.
Precimetrix offers IoT and analytics to enable real-time process management and actionable analytics to improve productivity, efficiency and compliance. Samudra’s central monitoring system, powered by Precimetrix, provides smart street lighting system for JPC which has enabled the following benefits:
- Overall minimum committed annual energy savings of 77.13% in comparison to baseline
- Zero Investment project even for new lights for first seven years.
- 77.13% savings in energy costs at an expense of only 22.87%.
- 30.06% is JMC’s share in energy savings
- Reduction in maintenance cost by ~61.18%
Teramatrix offers an IoT software platform that enables companies to connect with their fixed or mobile infrastructure and analyse the massive data streams emanating from them. The deployment of their solution at Hero Moto Corp resulted in 20% expected increase in direct and indirect manpower productivity by enabling 24x7 continuity of testing operations and remote management of testing equipment.
- » Cloud hyperscaler benchmark report shows China connectivity as a vital issue for all
- » AWS files paperwork to challenge Microsoft JEDI deal – reports
- » The new hybrid cloud will transform IT operations: How the big three clouds are responding
- » How the AWS and Verizon re:Invent partnership shows the way forward for telcos and cloud providers
- » AWS re:Invent 2019 keynote: ML and quantum moves amid modernisation and transformation message