The hottest cloud-based marketing startups of 2015
- Apttus, Booker, Lattice Engines, Segment and Tubular Labs are the five hottest cloud-based marketing startups of 2015.
- 13 of the hottest 34 cloud-based marketing startups are from the Bay Area, followed by Los Angeles with 3, and Bangalore and New York, both with 2.
- 14 are in Pre Series A, 7 in A-Stage, 5 in B-Stage and 3 in C-Stage funding rounds.
These and other insights are from a quick analysis completed using Mattermark Pro, in response to reader requests for more research on marketing startups.
Mattermark uses a combination of artificial intelligence and data quality analysis to provide insights into over one million private companies, over 470,000 with employee data, and over 100,000 funding events. In the interest of full disclosure I’m not today and have never done any consulting work of any kind with Mattermark.
Finding the hottest cloud-based marketing startups
To find the hottest cloud-based marketing startups, an initial query requesting startups competing in the cloud computing and marketing industries was completed. Next, advanced query tools in Mattermark Pro were used to filter out all startups that had exited as indicated by their stage status in Mattermark’s data. This filtered out startups who had been acquired, completed an IPO or had exited through other means. The table below is the result of an analysis completed today with Mattermark data. You can download the table here in Microsoft Excel format.
The Mattermark Growth Score shown in the table below and downloadable Excel file is a measure of how quickly a company is gaining traction at a given point in time. It incorporates the Mindshare Score (web traffic, social traction) as well as business growth metrics (e.g. employee count over time, funding).
The underlying assumption is that companies who see growth across these signals are shipping product and talking to customers, and are more likely to continue to grow as a result. This score is not meant to provide guidance on which startup to invest in. Rather it’s a measure of momentum across the metrics and KPIs that Mattermark measures.
- » Major League Baseball makes Google Cloud official cloud partner as AWS strikes out
- » How AI is bringing a new dimension to software testing
- » What SMBs can do now to mitigate the economic outcomes of Covid-19
- » Cloud computing accelerating climate change is a misnomer, scientists find
- » Hyperscale operators invest hard in data centres amid modest overall capex, says Synergy