Gartner predicts the death of the traditional sourcing model by 2015
Gartner’s been gazing at its crystal ball again, and has forecast that service-led solutions – software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and so forth – will displace more traditional sourcing methods by 2015.
The analyst house stresses that IT companies need to “bridge legacy offerings and new services”, again pointing a future to the cloud for service providers.
And cloud services appear to be growing at a much quicker rate than other elements of the IT ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Salesforce acquires Vlocity in $1.33bn all-cash deal amid executive shuffle
- » Don’t forget to budget for business objectives to gain digital transformation ROI
- » How cloud software companies can cut costs – without impacting on quality
- » How SaaS, AI and machine learning are boosting sports broadcasting: A guide
- » 5G, the edge, and the disruption of the cloud: Why now is the time for change