Gartner predicts the death of the traditional sourcing model by 2015
Gartner’s been gazing at its crystal ball again, and has forecast that service-led solutions – software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and so forth – will displace more traditional sourcing methods by 2015.
The analyst house stresses that IT companies need to “bridge legacy offerings and new services”, again pointing a future to the cloud for service providers.
And cloud services appear to be growing at a much quicker rate than other elements of the IT ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » The rise of Office 365 phishing scams: How one compromised account can cost millions
- » IT operations in 2020: Five things to prepare for – from AIOps to multi-cloud and more
- » A comprehensive guide to selecting SaaS project monitoring tools
- » Cloud Security Alliance publishes ‘egregious 11’ list of top threats to the cloud
- » The state of the MSP in 2019: Why flexibility and further moves to the cloud are key