Gartner predicts the death of the traditional sourcing model by 2015
Gartner’s been gazing at its crystal ball again, and has forecast that service-led solutions – software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and so forth – will displace more traditional sourcing methods by 2015.
The analyst house stresses that IT companies need to “bridge legacy offerings and new services”, again pointing a future to the cloud for service providers.
And cloud services appear to be growing at a much quicker rate than other elements of the IT ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Gartner says tipping point in cloud PaaS is almost complete – with $20bn market revenue in 2019
- » How businesses can capitalise on a multi-cloud IT strategy with SD-WAN
- » Google Cloud launches new cloud storage plan to give enterprises more scalability options
- » Why standardisation is good for NetOps: Innovation instead of impediment
- » Red Hat: On bridging between the first wave of cloud and next generation platforms