Gartner predicts the death of the traditional sourcing model by 2015
Gartner’s been gazing at its crystal ball again, and has forecast that service-led solutions – software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and so forth – will displace more traditional sourcing methods by 2015.
The analyst house stresses that IT companies need to “bridge legacy offerings and new services”, again pointing a future to the cloud for service providers.
And cloud services appear to be growing at a much quicker rate than other elements of the IT ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Supply chains and digital transformation: How Manutan rebuilt its systems and strategy
- » Enterprises rethinking their Oracle relationships, argues Rimini Street
- » Re-host, re-platform or replace: Which public cloud approach is right for your business?
- » Exploring WAN data acceleration: Is edge computing really necessary?
- » What automation can learn from DevOps – and why the future is automation with iteration