Gartner predicts the death of the traditional sourcing model by 2015
Gartner’s been gazing at its crystal ball again, and has forecast that service-led solutions – software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and so forth – will displace more traditional sourcing methods by 2015.
The analyst house stresses that IT companies need to “bridge legacy offerings and new services”, again pointing a future to the cloud for service providers.
And cloud services appear to be growing at a much quicker rate than other elements of the IT ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Why embracing the cloud means preparing for problems you can't control
- » The 2019 Forbes Cloud 100 analysed: Stripe top again amid big data boom and strong exits
- » Microsoft to acquire cloud migration tool provider Movere
- » Public cloud revenue will reach $500 billion in 2023: The key factors driving it
- » Why it continues to make sense for IT ops to move to the cloud: A guide