Gartner predicts the death of the traditional sourcing model by 2015
Gartner’s been gazing at its crystal ball again, and has forecast that service-led solutions – software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and so forth – will displace more traditional sourcing methods by 2015.
The analyst house stresses that IT companies need to “bridge legacy offerings and new services”, again pointing a future to the cloud for service providers.
And cloud services appear to be growing at a much quicker rate than other elements of the IT ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » With Azure Arc, Microsoft aims to go beyond traditional hybrid cloud – with Anthos and Outposts for company
- » The importance of securing multi-cloud manufacturing systems in a Zero Trust world
- » A guide to enterprise cloud cost management – understanding and reducing costs
- » If your enterprise is still on the fence around cloud - here's what you need to know today
- » Looking to the ‘HyPE’ of cloud storage: How HPE is looking to help with hybrid cloud