Who’s the top dog in the SaaS space? [infographic]
Software as a service (SaaS) has traditionally been the strongest and most valuable cloud computing market.
Figures from Gartner in November show this: SaaS was valued at $14.4bn (£9.57bn) by the end of 2012; infrastructure as a service (IaaS) was a $6.2bn (£4.12bn) global market; whilst platform as a service (PaaS) was forecast to hit $1.2bn (£754m).
With this in mind, Staff.com has published an infographic looking at the current SaaS ecosystem. The employment site has its own productivity tool, Time Doctor, which is built on SaaS.
According to Staff Salesforce.com, the “founder of the industry”, is still ranked as the number one SaaS company, with almost double the numbers of SAP ($2.27 bn, $1.14bn) and Oracle ($1bn) in positions two and three.
The graphic also looks at large acquisitions of SaaS companies, with billions of dollars at stake. Check it out below:
- » Gartner notes the inexorable shift of the database market to the cloud
- » How public cloud continues to drive demand for cybersecurity solutions
- » How CRM remains the fastest growing enterprise software market – and how Salesforce still dominates
- » China cloud computing market grew 40% year over year, report claims
- » Why CEOs crave digital transformation results – and the greater impact on business growth