Who’s the top dog in the SaaS space? [infographic]
Software as a service (SaaS) has traditionally been the strongest and most valuable cloud computing market.
Figures from Gartner in November show this: SaaS was valued at $14.4bn (£9.57bn) by the end of 2012; infrastructure as a service (IaaS) was a $6.2bn (£4.12bn) global market; whilst platform as a service (PaaS) was forecast to hit $1.2bn (£754m).
With this in mind, Staff.com has published an infographic looking at the current SaaS ecosystem. The employment site has its own productivity tool, Time Doctor, which is built on SaaS.
According to Staff Salesforce.com, the “founder of the industry”, is still ranked as the number one SaaS company, with almost double the numbers of SAP ($2.27 bn, $1.14bn) and Oracle ($1bn) in positions two and three.
The graphic also looks at large acquisitions of SaaS companies, with billions of dollars at stake. Check it out below:
- » Half of Indian enterprises will operate hybrid multicloud environments by 2021, predicts IDC
- » Human error and misconfigurations primary source of Kubernetes security snafus, report says
- » Partnerships key for public cloud vendors to succeed in IoT analytics, says ABI Research
- » Salesforce acquires Vlocity in $1.33bn all-cash deal amid executive shuffle
- » How SaaS, AI and machine learning are boosting sports broadcasting: A guide