Who’s the top dog in the SaaS space? [infographic]
Software as a service (SaaS) has traditionally been the strongest and most valuable cloud computing market.
Figures from Gartner in November show this: SaaS was valued at $14.4bn (£9.57bn) by the end of 2012; infrastructure as a service (IaaS) was a $6.2bn (£4.12bn) global market; whilst platform as a service (PaaS) was forecast to hit $1.2bn (£754m).
With this in mind, Staff.com has published an infographic looking at the current SaaS ecosystem. The employment site has its own productivity tool, Time Doctor, which is built on SaaS.
According to Staff Salesforce.com, the “founder of the industry”, is still ranked as the number one SaaS company, with almost double the numbers of SAP ($2.27 bn, $1.14bn) and Oracle ($1bn) in positions two and three.
The graphic also looks at large acquisitions of SaaS companies, with billions of dollars at stake. Check it out below:
- » Even if your cloud workloads are complex and data is privileged – it’s still on the customer to secure
- » Cloud hyperscaler benchmark report shows China connectivity as a vital issue for all
- » Looking to the ‘HyPE’ of cloud storage: How HPE is looking to help with hybrid cloud
- » Enterprises risking data disaster by not fully exploring cloud backup timeframes, research says
- » Why cloud IT infrastructure demand continues to fluctuate as 2019 draws to a close