Who’s the top dog in the SaaS space? [infographic]
Software as a service (SaaS) has traditionally been the strongest and most valuable cloud computing market.
Figures from Gartner in November show this: SaaS was valued at $14.4bn (£9.57bn) by the end of 2012; infrastructure as a service (IaaS) was a $6.2bn (£4.12bn) global market; whilst platform as a service (PaaS) was forecast to hit $1.2bn (£754m).
With this in mind, Staff.com has published an infographic looking at the current SaaS ecosystem. The employment site has its own productivity tool, Time Doctor, which is built on SaaS.
According to Staff Salesforce.com, the “founder of the industry”, is still ranked as the number one SaaS company, with almost double the numbers of SAP ($2.27 bn, $1.14bn) and Oracle ($1bn) in positions two and three.
The graphic also looks at large acquisitions of SaaS companies, with billions of dollars at stake. Check it out below:
- » Why Africa’s cloud and data centre ecosystem will – eventually – be a land of serious opportunity
- » Why IT security solutions spending will reach $133.8 billion
- » Financial services moving to hybrid cloud – but rearchitecting legacy systems remains a challenge
- » The cloud migration landscape: Multi-cloud and hybrid battle for supremacy as security remains key
- » The state of cloud business intelligence 2019: Digging down on Dresner’s analysis