How can cloud computing save the world? [infographic]
As cloud computing continues to grow and cloud hosting is adopted by more and more individuals and businesses alike, it has been calculated that the use of cloud hosting can dramatically decrease the amount of carbon emissions produced by each and every business that makes use of the cloud.
Google has calculated that an SME can lower its energy usage by 65%-85% simply by switching to the cloud.
This is thanks to the fact that servers, located elsewhere, will be used for data storage rather than running pollutant in-house servers.
So, here at VI, we got thinking. If every SME around the world made use of cloud computing, could we really go some way to saving our planet from the ever worsening problem of global warming caused by rising carbon ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Why the antidote for multi-cloud complexity is a unified management strategy
- » Operating and maintaining systems at scale with automation: A guide
- » Practical cloud considerations: Security and the decryption conundrum
- » How to simplify and accelerate multi-cloud strategies with SDN
- » A guide to securing application consistency in multi-cloud environments