Cloud impact and adoption until 2015 [infographic]
Among other points, Axway explains that cloud in 2012 has become "serious" as the "hype is over", with strong adoption of mobile devices in 2013 resulting in cloud dominating enterprise IT organisations in 2014.
Paul French, Axway vice president, said: "It is important that [enterprise IT organisations] assess their organisation’s needs in relation to which type of cloud to adopt, how they will meet their service level agreements, what enterprise application stores or marketplaces they will develop or adopt and the service management role that the IT department will play in the adoption.”
This handy infographic goes through their forecast step by step, quoting supporting research from Gartner, IDC and Forrester in the process.
- » The unforgiving cycle of cloud infrastructure costs – and the CAP theorem which drives it
- » Gartner and Synergy studies show continued cyclical cloud spend
- » The cloud migration landscape: Multi-cloud and hybrid battle for supremacy as security remains key
- » Getting past cloud cost confusion: How to avoid the vendors' traps and win
- » Opinion: Clearing up multi-cloud confusion