Cloud impact and adoption until 2015 [infographic]
Among other points, Axway explains that cloud in 2012 has become "serious" as the "hype is over", with strong adoption of mobile devices in 2013 resulting in cloud dominating enterprise IT organisations in 2014.
Paul French, Axway vice president, said: "It is important that [enterprise IT organisations] assess their organisation’s needs in relation to which type of cloud to adopt, how they will meet their service level agreements, what enterprise application stores or marketplaces they will develop or adopt and the service management role that the IT department will play in the adoption.”
This handy infographic goes through their forecast step by step, quoting supporting research from Gartner, IDC and Forrester in the process.
- » How SaaS, AI and machine learning are boosting sports broadcasting: A guide
- » How cloud software companies can cut costs – without impacting on quality
- » Spotting the elephant in the room: Why cloud will not burst colo’s bubble just yet
- » IBM CEO Ginni Rometty to step down: Analysing the cloud strategy and in-tray for the new boss
- » 5G, the edge, and the disruption of the cloud: Why now is the time for change