Gartner: cloud makes the IT world go round
Cloud, social, mobile and information are the new ‘Nexus of Forces’ with cloud at the apparent epicentre
The convergence of four IT forces – cloud, social, mobile and information – has formed what analyst house Gartner has described as a new “Nexus of Forces” which will become the paradigm for the future of IT.
The research firm predicts that while the four ‘forces’ are currently disruptive as they are, combined they will tear up old enterprise IT models.
Cloud computing, according to Gartner, provides the “glue” for all the forces, thus being the pivot for everything around it.
“Without cloud computing, social interactions would have no place to happen at scale, mobile access would fail to be able to connect to a wide variety of data and functions, and information still would be stuck inside internal systems,” Gartner notes ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Albertsons cites competition in Microsoft move – but is the retail cloud battle all it seems?
- » The Cloudera-Hortonworks $5.2bn merger analysed: Challenges, competition and opportunities
- » How channel partners are set to drive new cloud computing growth
- » The four barriers between your business and global connectivity – and how to break them down
- » SAP bets big after breaking €20bn in 2018 cloud and software revenues