Gartner: cloud makes the IT world go round
Cloud, social, mobile and information are the new ‘Nexus of Forces’ with cloud at the apparent epicentre
The convergence of four IT forces – cloud, social, mobile and information – has formed what analyst house Gartner has described as a new “Nexus of Forces” which will become the paradigm for the future of IT.
The research firm predicts that while the four ‘forces’ are currently disruptive as they are, combined they will tear up old enterprise IT models.
Cloud computing, according to Gartner, provides the “glue” for all the forces, thus being the pivot for everything around it.
“Without cloud computing, social interactions would have no place to happen at scale, mobile access would fail to be able to connect to a wide variety of data and functions, and information still would be stuck inside internal systems,” Gartner notes ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Defying data gravity: How can organisations escape cloud vendor lock-in?
- » Airlines bracing for exponential growth: How the cloud will be critical for success
- » HPE moves further into the hybrid cloud space, ramps up ‘innovative enterprise’ strategy
- » Why cloud infrastructure is an increasingly exclusive club – with only a few having the cash to get in
- » Diane Greene to step down as Google Cloud CEO: Analysing the past three years – and the future