Gartner: cloud makes the IT world go round
Cloud, social, mobile and information are the new ‘Nexus of Forces’ with cloud at the apparent epicentre
The convergence of four IT forces – cloud, social, mobile and information – has formed what analyst house Gartner has described as a new “Nexus of Forces” which will become the paradigm for the future of IT.
The research firm predicts that while the four ‘forces’ are currently disruptive as they are, combined they will tear up old enterprise IT models.
Cloud computing, according to Gartner, provides the “glue” for all the forces, thus being the pivot for everything around it.
“Without cloud computing, social interactions would have no place to happen at scale, mobile access would fail to be able to connect to a wide variety of data and functions, and information still would be stuck inside internal systems,” Gartner notes ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » How ‘AI at the edge’ is creating new semiconductor demand
- » Getting past cloud cost confusion: How to avoid the vendors' traps and win
- » HPE secures Nutanix and Google Cloud hybrid cloud partnerships
- » How channel partners are driving hyperscale cloud growth
- » A guide for database as a service providers: How to stand your ground against AWS – or any other cloud