Is Cloud Computing 25% of Your Annual IT Expenditure Growth? [Infographic]
Call it hype, call it a revolution, or simply label it however best fits you and your organization. Regardless of where you might be on your journey to the Cloud, two things are evident: it’s here to stay and annual expenditure worldwide is on a continual upward trend.
Although for some, Cloud might seem like a distant reality or perhaps a new tool to try for your non-critical business applications, it’s closer than you might think. Virtualization and Cloud Computing are rapidly becoming part of doing business and along with that comes a risk of getting left behind as IT evolves or worse, an inability to guarantee service assurance in an increasingly heterogeneous environment.
I recently came across an infographic that breaks down some of the broad basics surrounding Cloud adoption. By 2012, Cloud computing spending will account for 25% of annual IT expenditure growth. It also points out that using cloud has:
- Simplified IT management process (70% agree)
- Improved end-user experience (72% agree)
- Decreased IT performance challenges (63% agree)
- Reduce the cost of infrastructure (73% agree)
- Alleviated internal resource pressures (74% agree)
Check out the infographic below for even greater detail on the projected annual IT expenditure growth.
Note: Conversion to USD in 2008 is roughly $25.1 billion and $576.8 billion; 2012 in roughly $66 billion and $708.8 billion.
Infographic made possible by Cloud Hypermarket
- » How to excel at secured cloud migrations through shared responsibility: A guide
- » How the AWS and Verizon re:Invent partnership shows the way forward for telcos and cloud providers
- » Why cybersecurity needs to focus more on customer endpoints going forward
- » Microsoft and AT&T expand upon partnership to deliver Azure services on 5G core
- » Study shows continued cloud maturation in Nordics – with manufacturing a standout