The Cloud Computing Stratosphere [Infographic]
Visualizing the world of Cloud-based services today is easier said than done. However, infographics have made categorical snapshots of this growing environment a bit easier to navigate. I came across a pretty decent infographic this week that takes a stab at getting a snapshot of the Cloud market.
The Horn Group put together this infographic to help visualize the market. According to Read Write Web, “they sought out Forrester Research for context and guidance” in making this visual mapping accurate. They broke down the Cloud-based services market according to four “stratospheres”:
- Communications and Social Applications
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
As RWW points out, there are some missing companies, but overall, it gives a nice, clean snapshot into the world of Cloud-based business services. Enjoy!
- » How cloud providers are changing the outlook for IoT data and analytics management
- » A day in the trenches with IT operations: How to create a more seamless practice
- » Waste not, want not: How enterprises can avoid an idle cloud estate
- » Gartner’s cloud AI developer services Magic Quadrant sees AWS edge out Microsoft and Google
- » What is cyber insurance truly worth? Analysing the risks and responses