The Cloud Computing Stratosphere [Infographic]
Visualizing the world of Cloud-based services today is easier said than done. However, infographics have made categorical snapshots of this growing environment a bit easier to navigate. I came across a pretty decent infographic this week that takes a stab at getting a snapshot of the Cloud market.
The Horn Group put together this infographic to help visualize the market. According to Read Write Web, “they sought out Forrester Research for context and guidance” in making this visual mapping accurate. They broke down the Cloud-based services market according to four “stratospheres”:
- Communications and Social Applications
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
As RWW points out, there are some missing companies, but overall, it gives a nice, clean snapshot into the world of Cloud-based business services. Enjoy!
- » Re-host, re-platform or replace: Which public cloud approach is right for your business?
- » Exploring WAN data acceleration: Is edge computing really necessary?
- » Companies' cloud security getting better - but slowly, argues SANS Institute
- » Apple spends more than $30 million on AWS per month – reports
- » VMware acquires Bitnami to accelerate multi-cloud and enterprise deployments