The Cloud Computing Stratosphere [Infographic]
Visualizing the world of Cloud-based services today is easier said than done. However, infographics have made categorical snapshots of this growing environment a bit easier to navigate. I came across a pretty decent infographic this week that takes a stab at getting a snapshot of the Cloud market.
The Horn Group put together this infographic to help visualize the market. According to Read Write Web, “they sought out Forrester Research for context and guidance” in making this visual mapping accurate. They broke down the Cloud-based services market according to four “stratospheres”:
- Communications and Social Applications
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
As RWW points out, there are some missing companies, but overall, it gives a nice, clean snapshot into the world of Cloud-based business services. Enjoy!
- » IT operations in 2020: Five things to prepare for – from AIOps to multi-cloud and more
- » Enterprise blockchain firm Cypherium secures Google Cloud partnership, adding to AWS deal
- » A tale of two oligopolies: How JEDI illustrates the need for multi-cloud
- » How public cloud will become the driving force for connected cars
- » How can VDI support an edge computing strategy?