Acer launches Cloud Competency Centre
A new cloud hub for businesses called the Acer Cloud Competency Centre has launched this week.
Computer supremo, Acer announced its new centre based in Taoyuan in Taiwan, the company's data centre. It aims to be the new cloud destination designed to run cloud solutions for enterprises in addition to high performance computing tasks.
The primary focus of the new centre will be cluster computing solutions as Acer has already forged a partnership with Intel to provide Cluster Ready for HPC and Intel Cloud Builder’s reference architecture, as well as other options to follow in the pipeline.
The centre is one of a number of small cloud data centres that have sprung up in eastern Asia over recent months, giving the region a reputation as a hub for such new technologies.
Commenting on the launch, Acer’s PC global group president, Campbell Kan, said: "This centre is not only an opportunity for Acer, but a solution breeding ground for the region to demonstrate its prowess and solution creation capabilities," he said. He added that he hopes the centre will become a 'living investment' for years to come and will put Acer as a forerunner in greater enterprise markets.
Steve Thorne, regional marketing director of data centre platform enablement for Intel APAC, also revealed future projects the two firms would be working on: "CIOs are looking for guidance on how best to harness the efficiency of the cloud with more security and control," he said. "Intel is closely collaborating with Acer to better address these needs."
- » With Azure Arc, Microsoft aims to go beyond traditional hybrid cloud – with Anthos and Outposts for company
- » Microsoft again secures strong revenues with ‘material growth’ in $10m Azure contracts noted
- » CircleCI aims to further break down the ‘hornet’s nest’ of continuous delivery with EMEA expansion
- » The rise of SD-WAN: How scaling cloud services is key to growing a digital business
- » If your enterprise is still on the fence around cloud - here's what you need to know today