The CRM applications which will matter most in 2019 – with AI at the forefront of change
According to recent research by Gartner,
- Marketing analytics continues to be hot for marketing leaders, who now see it as a key business requirement and a source of competitive differentiation
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive technologies are of high interest across all four CRM functional areas, and mobile remains in the top 10 in marketing, sales and customer service.
- It’s in customer service where AI is receiving the highest investments in real use cases rather than proofs of concept (POCs) and experimentation.
- Sales and customer service are the functional...
The state of IoT intelligence 2018: Adoption trends and advanced analytics
- Sales, marketing and operations are most active early adopters of IoT today.
- Early adopters most often initiate pilots to drive revenue and gain operational efficiencies faster than anticipated.
- 32% of enterprises are investing in IoT, and 48% are planning to in 2019.
- IoT early adopters lead their industries in advanced and predictive analytics adoption.
These and many other fascinating insights are from Dresner Advisory Services’ latest report, 2018 IoT Intelligence® Market Study, in its...
Smarter clouds, smarter businesses: How AI is transforming the cloud computing industry
The latest addition to the ever-expanding collection of IT buzzwords, artificial intelligence (AI) seems to mean all things to all people. No matter which industry you turn to – from retail to finance, manufacturing to healthcare – AI is touted as a ‘game-changer’ and the answer to any number of problems.
This hype is driving real change: worldwide spending on cognitive and AI systems is
How manufacturers need to move from products to services with the rise of IoT
- 91% of manufacturers are investing in predictive analytics in the next 12 months, and 50% consider artificial intelligence (AI) a major planned investment for 2019 to support their subscription-based business models.
- New subscription business models and smart, connected products are freeing manufacturers up from competing for one-time transaction revenues to recurring revenues based on subscriptions.
- By 2020, manufacturers are predicting 67% of their product portfolios will be smart, connected products according to an
SAP acquires Qualtrics in $8bn deal to deliver stronger brand and customer experiences
SAP has announced the acquisition of research management software provider Qualtrics for $8 billion (£6.2bn) with the aim to ‘deliver the transformative potential of experience and operational data.’
Qualtrics, based in Utah and Washington, offers a platform which enables organisations to conduct internal and external surveys, gauging customer experience, employee expectations and brand advocacy. With SAP...
How to protect healthcare IoT devices in a Zero Trust world
- Over 100 million healthcare IoT devices are installed worldwide today, growing to 161m by 2020, attaining a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 17.2% in just three years according to Statista.
- Healthcare executives say privacy concerns (59%), legacy system integration (55%) and security concerns (54%) are the top three barriers holding back Internet of Things (IoT) adoption in healthcare organizations today according to the
How tech leaders are looking to AI, IoT and robotics to fuel growth by 2021
- 30% of tech leaders globally predict blockchain will disrupt their businesses by 2021.
- IoT, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics have the greatest potential to digitally transform businesses, making them more customer-centered and efficient.
- 26% of global tech leaders say e-Commerce apps and platforms will be the most disruptive new business model in their countries by 2021.
- IDC predicts worldwide IoT spending will reach $1.1T by 2021.
These and many other insights are from KPMG’s recent research study
How deep learning is fuelling machine vision – with revenues hitting $193 billion
In the past, machine vision was limited to highlight-controlled environments, costly sensor technology, and restrictive feature detection. Today, artificial intelligence (AI) is set to change the market, creating new classes of applications and significant new opportunities.
Machine vision is in the process of transition and dramatic expansion. Deep learning (DL) techniques are taking machine vision systems to next level, driving the mass adoption in several industries - including the automotive, retail,...
Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyperconverged and software-defined storage
The verdict on software-defined, hyperconverged and cloud storage from DataCore is in: while hyperconverged is making inroads organisations are struggling, while software-defined storage is seeing a greater number of use cases.
This analysis may not come as a huge surprise given DataCore’s primary business line is through software-defined. Yet the study, which polled 400 IT professionals who were currently using or...