How Alibaba Cloud has moved up the ranks to become a cloud leader – with global expansion key
The rise of Alibaba Cloud, to become a major player in cloud infrastructure, is a fascinating one.
Between 2014 and 2016, Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) saw the top right box change not one iota. Amazon Web Services (AWS) was out on its own, followed by Microsoft, then a gap to the rest. 2014 had a swarm of ‘visionary’ players, but by 2016 only Google remained to take third place.
Last year, however, things changed. The top right of course remained the same, but...
The state of cloud business intelligence 2018: Why usage continues to soar
- Cloud BI adoption is soaring in 2018, nearly doubling 2016 adoption levels.
- Over 90% of sales and marketing teams say that cloud BI is essential for getting their work done in 2018, leading all categories in the survey.
- 66% of organizations that consider themselves completely successful with business intelligence (BI) initiatives currently use the cloud.
- Financial Services (62%), technology (54%), and education (54%) have the highest Cloud BI adoption rates in 2018.
- 86% of Cloud BI adopters name Amazon AWS as their first choice, 82% name Microsoft Azure, 66% name Google Cloud, and 36% identify IBM...
Hong Kong analysis shows importance of cloud technologies in improving productivity and ROI
Cloud technologies are key to Hong Kong businesses according to a new report from SolarWinds – but containers, blockchain and robotics still have a fair way to go yet.
The findings appear in the company’s latest IT trends report, ‘The Intersection of Hype and Performance.’ The research polled 75 IT practitioners, managers and directors in Hong Kong – with the overall research quizzing more than 800 respondents across four continents – and found cloud and hybrid IT was the...
Five ways machine learning can save your company from a security breach meltdown
- $86bn was spent on security in 2017, yet 66% of companies have still been breached an average of five or more times.
- Just 55% of CEOs say their organizations have experienced a breach, while 79% of CTOs acknowledge breaches have occurred. One in approximately four CEOs (24%) aren’t aware if their companies have even had a security breach.
- 62% of CEOs inaccurately cite malware as the primary threat to cybersecurity.
- 68% of executives whose companies experienced significant breaches in hindsight believe that the breach could have been prevented by implementing more...
10 ways machine learning is revolutionising marketing
- 84% of marketing organizations are implementing or expanding AI and machine learning in 2018.
- 75% of enterprises using AI and machine learning enhance customer satisfaction by more than 10%.
- 3 in 4 organizations implementing AI and machine learning increase sales of new products and services by more than 10% according to Capgemini.
Measuring marketing’s many contributions to revenue growth is becoming more accurate and real-time thanks to...
The cloud develops alongside ingenuity: How cloud is essential to underpin new technologies
The Internet needed a means to maximise its potential – and the solution would need to be highly adaptable and accepting of a wide variety of technology. Cloud computing has evolved with the information age.
The evolution of applications for cloud computing: A history
The Allied Telecom Group describes cloud computing as an interconnected network of remote servers; specifically, Internet-host servers that process and manage information, as well...
Is your infrastructure prepared for the new era of AI?
Many have lauded the latest phone from Google, the Pixel 2, applauding its ability to showcase the emerging capabilities of artificial intelligence. Not only does the virtual assistant sound more human than other competitors’ technologies, but it also does a better job of understanding commands and questions.
Still, there’s a
How hybrid IT demand fuels the multi-cloud computing trend
Guided by senior executive goals for digital transformation, more organizations are increasing their use of cloud computing technologies. The typical multi-cloud mix includes a blend of public cloud, private cloud and traditional IT services. Finding the best-fit service mix starts with the business requirements.
The latest Global Cloud Index (GCI) 2016-2021 from Cisco focuses on the worldwide market outlook for enterprise data...
Why data scientist is the best job in America - according to Glassdoor
- Data scientist has been named the best job in America for three years running, with a median base salary of $110,000 and 4,524 job openings.
- DevOps engineer is the second-best job in 2018, paying a median base salary of $105,000 and 3,369 job openings.
- There are 29,187 software engineering jobs available today, making this job the most popular regarding Glassdoor postings according to the study.
These and many other fascinating insights are from Glassdoor’s 50 Best Jobs In...