The bad news is that over the next two years, cloud service providers will be systematically sabotaged by attackers aiming to disrupt critical national infrastructure or cripple supply chains. The good news is that by acting now you can aim to be one step ahead.
As IT departments increasingly shift workloads into public clouds while they simultaneously convert existing on-premises virtualised environments to support cloud-like capabilities, optimising cloud spending has become an intense focus for many organisations.
One thing is true about edge computing; it won’t necessarily make data centres redundant. There will still be a need for data to be stored away from the edge to ensure business and service continuity.
Digital transformation is not as easy as the words and hype written about it may make it seem. It is a combination of change involving people, process and technology and needing the business gains to visibly outweigh the losses and pain to drive people to make it happen.
For years, CIOs have been caught in an 80/20 IT spending trap: 80% of the budget going to ongoing support, leaving only 20% for new initiatives. Cloud users on the other hand only allocate about two thirds (69%) to ongoing support.