What are the 7 challenges facing federal cloud computing?
The United States Government Accountability Office (GAO) has found that, while the US ‘Cloud First’ enterprise project is making tangible progress, there are seven cloud lessons for the public sector.
The report, subtitled “progress made but future cloud computing efforts should be better planned”, charts the progress of Cloud First – a federal policy which exhorts agencies to find a cloud-based IT solution whenever logistically possible.
Things appear to have moved forward since 2010, when the GAO previously warned about the difficulties associated with federal cloud management.
Back in May 2010, the accountability office found that the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) in the White House hadn’t even developed a cloud strategy.
But it appears there is still work to be done.
Research as recently as October 2011 found that 22 out of 24 major federal agencies were either ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Cloud Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » The top 10 ways integrating ERP, CRM, and more will transform manufacturing in 2017
- » Why you can’t let disaster recovery slide off your IT budget in 2017
- » Google launches cloud-based key management with new service
- » Building your data castle: Protecting from ransomware and restoring data after a breach
- » Matson, AWS, and overcoming the cloud lock-in challenge for big data