Customer Solutions Architect - Cloud / VMware / Networking
Our client employees some 4000 global employees and has a turnover of just under $1billion. They are tasked with achieving 30% on year growth and have been successful in achieving these figures winning many industry awards. They would be recognised within the SMB sector and are just becoming known within the enterprise solution market and are increasingly mentioned alongside its competitors.
The hiring manager sees his enterprise/SMB solution area as being in transition. Ideally he would hire Consultants who have worked as solution engineers and possess a broad technical background and business acumen/ sales savvy. You are not required to be a sales person within this role but to architect solutions to support sales. Obviously business acumen is required or its an area where interested candidates wish to progress.
Secondly the company is happy to look at Senior Data Centre Engineers or Lead LINUX or MICROSOFT engineers who feel that they are looking for the next step and that step for them is to progress to a business role. The outlook for successful hires is excellent as initially they will be part of a growing division and experienced group undertaking exciting new projects and recognised for their contribution . This is especially exciting as the company plans to promote and escalate from within making these initial hires pivotal to becoming CTO’s within the EMEA group.
Our client knows that they seek a lot but they are also offering a great opportunity , challenges and career progression supported by career development , training , vocational training and a great working environment located in West London.
Salaries for these roles are dependent on level and there are 4 levels all with slightly different accountabilities. In this way they can accommodate all levels from 4/5 years experience upwards and salaries from £60k + £20k to £90k + £20k and for those candidates that tick all the boxes greater rewards.
Below is a specification aligned to the people they seek. If you are interested please take a look make a judgement whether you fit the role and let me know. On receipt of your interest i will issue you with a pre/screen questionnaire which may be used to determine your skills during an initial telephone interview . Informal coffee chats/meeting direct with the client can also be arranged.
It would be fabulous if we could find Senior Architects but the market is buoyant and we are open to the fact that we may well find the ideal candidate working within an area that we have not considered. Hosting , managed services is where we imagine the skills to be but also Telcos , Management Consultancies , SI’s may well have these skills.
You may be a CTO at present , Lead Engineer , Data Centre Specialist , Solutions Engineer . Our client can accommodate all levels of skills and I am happy to have informal chats about the opportunity.
These roles are based in West London and you must be commutable. You also must be eligible to work within the UK and have excellent English.
I look forward to speaking with you . Please pass on to any interested colleagues . Successful referrals will generate a generous reward .
Technical/Professional Skills (must have extensive knowledge in the following)
• Network Security & Compliance
• Server Hardware
• Storage & Back-up
• Virtualisation (EMC’s VMware)
• MS Windows, Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, SQL & IIS
• Web application development and the infrastructure needed to support
• Oracle – desired but not mandatory
• Linux (preferably Red Hat), PHP, Apache, MySQL
• Infrastructure monitoring
• Disaster Recovery
• ITIL Foundation
• Project Management understanding, PRINCE 2
• Minimum of 8-10 years of technical pre-sales support experience
• Tenacious problem solver, will own issues until full resolution
• A talent for exploring the prospects business pains and designing hosting solutions that fit
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail
• Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal departments and external customers
• Strong negotiation skills
• A high level of business awareness and commercial acumen
• Ability to create wow / delighter moments with customers
• Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills
• Able to take a creative approach to situations and problem solving