Sybase, an SAP company, is an industry leader in delivering enterprise and mobile software to manage, analyze and mobilize information. We are recognized globally as a performance leader, proven in the most data-intensive industries and across all major systems, networks and devices.
You will need to provide thought leadership, ideas, architecture and design to implement a cloud technology based solution that increases agility, speed, and efficiency - shortening cycle times for IT systems and processes.
You will need to analyze, and drive continual improvement in processes, cost effectiveness, and reliability for engineering processes using next generation cloud tools and technologies.
The role will also require you to design solutions for collecting and reporting utilization data of resources using monitoring agents, storage/SAN, virtualization, and network reporting tools
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience in designing and implementing large private clouds for enterprises
• Hands on experience with hypervisor and compute virtualization technologies(CloudStack, VMware, VSphere, VCenter, VCloud Directory etc.)
• Experience in Architecture, Design, and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS & PaaS) services and solutions.
• Hands on experience in Network and Storage virtualization
• Experience with Best Practices and problem areas for deploying large scale, highly available IaaS platforms.
• Experience with Elastic Scaling and Automated Application Deployment(Operations as a service) on cloud solutions
• Experience in Java/J2EE, WebServices (SOAP/REST), application
• Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle.
• Ability to work with vendors, cross functional teams, internal organizations to achieve goals
• Strong communication & documentation skills.
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with a minimum of 10 years technical experience in relevant areas.